16 October, 2008

A Place to Put My Name

As I stare at my name, favorably placed before the title "Lady" because of the way alliteration rolls off your tongue, I am a little unsure.

As to be expected. Becoming a woman, or anything that seems as if it should be so far in the future, isn't really that distant. It is actually rather likely that it will occur. Inevitable, so be it.

But what about me says Lady? Or better yet, as I sculpt myself into one, what do I want about me to scream lady?

And does it even matter what other people think when they think about me, and what makes me a lady, if anything at all? To an extent.

Plato would say, to the extent that spirit rules my soul. As opposed to appetite or reason. Your spirit is what makes you care about how others view you.

To me, at the phase of life in which I am sitting, the way I value my reputation outweighs both my appetites and my reason. And my reason cannot rule until it outweighs my spirit and appetites.

Somehow, I've allowed my mindful thoughts to rush into Plato. Damn that man and his philandering. But bless him too.

Awwwwwe the curse of a woman. What do we really want? And why can't a man figure it out?

Well he couldn't possibly know before we know ourselves, now can he? Of course not. But we want everything! I'm sure that is understandable.

Kidding, of course. What a surprising outburst the simple titling of my thoughts has exposed. All I really wanted, as fulfilled, was something to place them on.

This screen works magnificently. Even better than paper, quicker and lighter in the hands, as well as equally sincere. Although the lack of handwritten words seems insincere.

Photobucket

0 comments: