26 October, 2008

If I take off my mask, will I look any different in your world?

There is little resolve to be found in disguises. They leave us to either find faith in face-value, or interpret the matter at our own discretion, which undoubtedly leaves us with a false sense of reality a great deal of the time.

Let us sit in an isolated oasis, with our faces drawn like attracted magnets, in an illusion of caring exchange. But make sure your mask is secured tight, we can't be having any meaningful dialogue, now can we? Of course not. Would you like that? Of course not. Not really anyway.

If we were bare-faced, I would like to ask you why I am here with you now? What role do I play in your world? What part have you given me to act for you? And I would ask away, first with hesitation, then with assurance. It is too painful to talk in scripts. It reminds me of watching a person who is slowly dying, at the cost of their own hand.

Wait! Let me brew another pot. It let's me believe I'm more aware - and therefore I am. Awake! Thankyou caffeine. I am now awake enough for hope to fix this matter like a handyman with a nasty, but achievable challenge in front of him. It just takes a bit of persistence.

But don't get me wrong. You are not simply the wrapping of a prize to be won - quite the opposite. You are a living, complex being with spirit and body united to serve a great purpose. Do you see it too? And if so, do you see the requirement of your concern for the truth of it all?

For now, let me sit here with you, at least solely unmasked, and therefore with no constructed defense of my own. I pray it will be an act of love, that your face will burn and itch from its confines. This is my call to never give up and provide hope with an outlet to prevail. I must never forget it my friend - and I have a heavy feeling that your existence partially rests on it. Let's light a match in our oasis, so that one day, we may have light enough to see. I'll go first.

Photobucket

0 comments: