09 June, 2010

Prayer of Warfare


Holy Father -

You know that my heart has been right before You. I am under attack right now by the presupposition that You cannot teach us all things.

But that is not truth and You will not hide in the darkness and disparity of confusion; it is not possible for You.

You cannot see a thing that is pure and cover over it - like a disparaging dog kicking up the dirt to hide what it has found. 

Thank you Holy Spirit that You would uphold me while violence comes from every side. While my heart is being clawed at, You rest quietly and mightily...over me.

You rest over me.

It is as if the sounds raging outside of Your wings were merely murmurs. How is it that your stillness is stronger than all their bitter shouting?

The gnashing of teeth cannot even pierce Your shield that protects what You have already won victory over.

It is the way of man to hold onto his treasures and to wage war onto the parts of his heart that have not yet known Your touch - which brings healing.

But to overcome the LORD, his efforts have never known. There is but one I AM, and because the Lord Jesus is He, we can have life.

This is a bit how I feel - like I've been shot at a million
times, but I'm doing fine, because the Lord's got this one.


Thank you my Lord - 
all I need is Your lovin' 
:)

0 comments: