12 May, 2009

Without You I Am Blind

Father, my all good and eternal Father,
You have filled my heart with such love for others -
an overflowing spring, I am, with too much water to contain.
Oh, how you have honored my prayers, Lord.
My mind is lit with pure thoughts, it thinks of Your things.
The dark, sinful thoughts appear less, replaced by ways to glorify You.
But I cannot really glorify You Lord, can I?
It is You who is responsible for any goodness, not me.
I prayed to You, God - that You might use me.
You honor my requests, because You are faithful.

Lord, may I also ask of You this:
Why is there still such turmoil in the depths of my heart?
Why does my mind struggle so, in the presence of Your Grace?
Why, Lord? What use are these tears in my eyes to You?
I pray again, because You are gracious -
Show me my sin, Father -
show it to me so that I can understand it,
and in turn, submit it to You.
Lord, I desire to repent of this - but I am blind.
I cannot see anything without You.
I give this to You, Eternal Father,
so that You might shine Your light on it.

My hope is in You and from You and with You.
My eyes and ears, my heart and mind,
and my faith and trust...are in You, Jesus.
Come, fill up my heart with knowledge of You.
I can see You drawing me this way and not that.
Drawing something fantastic, but please...draw away,
So that I may see.

Amen.


Photobucket

1 comments:

Justine McKnight said...

This is fantastic, as usual. :) You are brilliant. Utterly brilliant.

This reminded me of one of my favorite songs called, "I Asked You For My Life" by Kim Walker. I just love these lyrics! I thought that you might enjoy it!

Verse 1:
I asked You for life, and You sent your son to die for me.
I asked You for hope, You came in the night and gave me a dream.
I asked You for freedom, You broke every chain and gave me the keys.
I asked You for love never-ending and every day You surround me!

Pre-Chorus:
And now my faith in You is a mountain that can't be shaken,
Now my strength is found in You, it is joy that can't be taken!

Chorus:
Praise spills from my lips, flowing onto the feet of You, my King.
You deserve all the love and all the honor that I can bring!

Bridge:
Here is my song, here is my heart, here is my love, all for You, Jesus!

Chorus 2:
Holy, Holy, only You are worthy!